by Kirsty Bonner via LinkedIn
1. Tell me a little bit about yourself.
“What” you are professionally + “who” you are as a person (attributes) = “why” I am a good candidate for this role.
2. Why did you leave/are leaving your last/current?
Don’t speak badly of anyone.
3. Why do you want to work for this company?
Thoroughly research the company website, departments, management structure, competitors.
Review share price over the last 6 months.
Review Bloomberg, FT, Wall Street Journal etc for mention of the company over past 6 months.
Choose 4 points about the company and state why they appeal to YOU.
4. What is your understanding of this role?
Choose 4 key points that you have interpreted from the job description.
5. How will you add value to this company?
Relate strengths, hard/transferable skills and achievements to the job requirements.
6. What is your salary expectation?
“I am sure a company such as “x” pays fair market value for this role. What budget do you have in mind?
If forced, give a number or a $5k bid-offer range eg. 100k-105k and state that you are open to negotiation, and incentivisation based on the growth of the company.
Be PREPARED and CONFIDENT!6 ESSENTIAL interview QUESTIONS and ANSWERSblogfind jobsjobjob interview